Coffee and chocolate come together so perfectly in our latest recipe. This fudge is so deliciously decadent, we guarantee you won’t be able to help reaching for another piece.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of glucose syrup
- 125 grams of butter chopped
- 180 grams of good quality dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 shots of brewed espresso – We use the Jamaica Blue (Seasonal) Mountain Blend
- Chocolate covered espresso bean to serve
Grease a 20cm square baking dish. Line sides with baking paper, allowing for an overhang.
In a saucepan combine the condensed milk, sugar, glucose syrup and butter. Stir over a low heat, without boiling for 10 minutes, or until the mixture appears glossy and all sugar has dissolved.
Increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the coffee and chocolate. Continue to stir until the chocolate has all melted. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and allow to cool, before placing in a refrigerator to set until firm.
When firm cut the fudge into pieces and place a chocolate covered espresso bean in the centre of each piece.