Did you know, that when you combine coffee with chocolate you make the chocolate flavour even richer and more decadent. These brownies are the ultimate testament to this. These brownies are sweet intensely chocolate, with amazing undertones of coffee, best served with a scoop of ice-cream!
- 170 grams of melted butter
- 255 grams of semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 shots of brewed espresso (we used Jamaica Blue Signature Blend)
- 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Melt chocolate and combine with the melted butter. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon, incorporate the eggs one at a time.
Add the vanilla, espresso, instant coffee and beat for one minute. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix well to ensure it is all combined.
Line a square pan with baking paper. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (for gooey brownies, remove from the oven slightly earlier).
Allow the brownies to cool in pan.
Enjoy and happy cooking!